Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Monday

Most people think that Mondays are bad...sometimes they are. Yesterday was a good Monday for me. That doesn't mean that things went perfectly, it just means that some good things happened and far outweigh the bad things.

For starters! Dillan was so dang cute in the tub. He is cute a lot, but I had to catch the phrase of the week on video. He thinks it is very funny that Grandma wears a shower cap and that once in a while when I don't want to dry my hair that I put one on too. He puts mine on and giggles.

Secondly...wait for it...wait for it... I found my wedding ring!!! YEAH!!! Dillan had taken it off my nightstand over a month ago and I found all of the small bands, but couldn't find the diamond. With some encouragement, and a spare purchased by my mother, I stopped the frantic week long search and figured it would turn up when we moved out. I knew it was in the house somewhere. But, Dillan took the replacement off my nightstand yesterday and again I only found all the small bands.

"Where are Mommy's rings Dill?"
"I don't know!" is all he could respond with.

Lesson learned, twice, that if I take them off at night to put them on the dresser and not the nightstand. I was searching for the replacement and came across the original ring tucked between the mattress, the bed rail, and the slats of the bed base. I did find the replacement in the toys later in the day as well.


I don't know what I would have done if it didn't show up. The ring means too much to me to have given up hope of finding it. The ring was my grandmother's and they don't cut diamonds like it anymore. There was no way to replace the ring itself or the memories that it holds for me. Engraved by my grandfather for his dear wife and then passed on to me...I love you Grandma and Grandpa.

Lastly! Dillan discovered a new love. Not recently discovered, but discovered again I should say. He really enjoys bubbles, but what little kid doesn't right? I found this simple bubble kit at walmart that has bubble blowers that he actually can use. The wands are just not for a 2 year old. But he knows how to blow a whistle so giving him something to put in his mouth was the best option. We have already been through 6 oz of bubble solution. Who knows what we will use today, he has already begged to go outside to do bubbles at 9am.


Jeremy has new buyer trainings this week, so we won't see much of him. But even though I had to do the Monday by myself it really wasn't bad.

No comments: