Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Our new best friends

These are the new best friends that each one of us have. Lots of things have changed in the last 9 months and we will get to that, but for now.... these are the new time killers for each of us.

For Dillan, Woody and Buzz are his new play mates. He takes them almost everywhere and we watch the movie at least once per day. The problem is that Disney no longer sells the first or second in the store anymore and I am not going to pay a million dollars for it on amazon from someone who hoarded a bunch. The great news is that because the new one is coming out in June, they are re-releasing the first 2 in the next few months. In the mean time, we are checking them out at the library as many times as they will let us before we are forced to let someone else have a chance at them.
For me, my violin is my new best friend. I play at least an hour a day and I am loving it! I have had it about 10 days and I am already 40 pages into the book my teacher had me get. Another week and I should have all the notes in first position learned. She is surprised at how fast I am moving through things, but we are both excited things are going well.

For Jeremy, his new best friend is his training manuals....unfortunately. He loves his job to death, but he travels a lot in the first half of the year to train people all over North America. He is currently on a week long trip to the east coast right now. He and his boss, Jotham, take turns heading out to do the trainings. We miss him while he is gone, but it is for the best and it gives him lots of training himself for the future. Hopefully we can get me on a trip to somewhere exciting.

2 comments:

Marie said...

It's good to know you're alive and well! I'm so excited you're learning the violin. What a neat instrument. I'm very impressed! I hope life is treating you right. You'll have to post some pictures of Dillan. I'm sure he's getting so big!

Mommason Hillary said...

my pass time... stalking your blog