Monday, February 2, 2009

Finally Getting Around to It

First off, this was totally lazy of me...but hey it happens to all of us sometime or another.


I put the registration sticker on the jeep today, let me also mention that I got the new sticker in October of 08 (sheepish smile). I have been carrying it around in the diaper bag for months now. Let me also mention that I have only filled the jeep with gas twice since we moved to Logan in October. One of those times was because I drove to Salt Lake for Christmas. I still have half a tank in it. Needless to say, I don't drive much. I don't get the chance to leave the house other than to grocery shop once a week.

Well, today I decided that I would make a quick trip to the bank to deposit a check so that I could pay some bills before Jeremy's paycheck comes on Friday. On my way home from the bank, I got pulled over. LOL The officer was super nice and Dillan loved it. I got a "fix it" ticket. I did think it was strange that he wouldn't let me put the sticker on right then and have him sign the form, but I guess it must be very dangerous to get out of the car on 2nd E in Logan. Go figure.

So now I have to make time more than 5 days, but less than 14 days from now to go down to the police station. I have to have an officer sign the stupid paper. Then I have to take it to the justice court and give it to them so I don't have a warrant for my arrest. My goodness!


So, that was my morning. If I had dropped Jeremy's zune off at his office before coming home I wouldn't be in this mess. I wouldn't have been on 2nd E to begin with. But, he said he didn't need it and I figured Grandma was home alone. So much for trying to get home. At least it won't cost me anything.

The other part to the story which I find very interesting is that he was concerned with the fact that I hadn't put the sticker on, but I had one....but he wasn't at all concerned with the fact that one of my brake lights is out. Whatever! Brake lights aren't important right? Stickers are very important. They must be living in a world where Dillan is King. Stickers are everything!

2 comments:

LuCinda said...

King Dillan!!!
I just hope I don't get pulled over for anything, my license expired in August.

Melissa Sue said...

Ha ha ha! I can't tell you how many times I've let my registration expire! In fact, one time I got pulled over for a brake light being out and the cop didn't even notice that my registration had expired a month before! Ha!