Friday, April 24, 2009

Jeremy's Marathon and Mom's Birthday

We were in Salt Lake last weekend for Jeremy's run. We were able to stay the weekend thanks to Robin! We left Friday evening and got back Sunday morning.

It was my mom's birthday on Friday so we headed to Salt Lake to pick up Jeremy's race packet and met her and my brother's family at Bonsai Japanese Steakhouse for dinner in Sandy. It was alright. Too pricey for my tastes...I would have rather spent the $50 on sushi at Takara. But it was fun to be with family. Dillan was absolutely freaked out by the grill at the table. He literally freaked and started screaming anytime you saw fire. I guess we know not to do that for a while.

Saturday morning Jeremy got up at 5am and made his way downtown to ride Trax up to the U. I told him I would meet him at the finish line at the Gateway between 10am and 10:30 when he was expected to finish.

Dillan loved the train ride downtown. "Whee Fun! Train Momma!" was all he said the entire time down... I take that back. He did pop up with "Ball hoop Momma, ball hoop!" anytime he saw a yard with a basketball hoop in it.

We jumped off the train at ESA/Gateway and we walked to the finish line. We were there just before 10am and expected Jeremy around 10:15 - 10:20. We waited and waited....I was getting worried when it got to be 10:30ish. Dillan was getting restless sitting on my shoulders for a half hour while I stood there waiting with the camera. But just in the nick of time...we saw Daddy! We cheered for him like crazy and I got some pictures.



I think Jeremy did awesome, but he is a little disappointed in himself. Three hours and 30 minutes isn't too bad. He finished, which is more than I can say. He has spent all week recovering and is still a little sore. He thinks he might try again in a few months for the Bear Lake Marathon. He is crazy!

We hurried home afterward and went to lunch with 2 other brothers and my mom. Overall, it was a good weekend. Full of things to do with family because of my mom's birthday. We made it home in time to pick Grandma up from church at noon. The weather has been beautiful so we spent a lot of time outside Sunday afternoon.

1 comment:

Melissa and Nate said...

Way to go Jeremy! We are so proud of you!