Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Adventures of Dillan

Monday we had such a long day. Without telling the whole story about the police showing up, it was still busy. I mowed the lawn for the first time of the year. It was so long since we had recieved so much rain lately. Jeremy tilled the garden (which is way too big) for about 2 hours.



Dillan loved being outside with us all evening. He was running around like crazy with freedom. A dog wandered into the yard while Jeremy was tilling and Dillan thought that was excellent! He wandered around after this dog for a long time...until the dog finally went home I assume. At least that is what I told Dillan. For days now, all I hear is "puppy home." Anywhere the dog ran, Dillan ran too.

Then Wednesday is the day that I get 2 hours away from the house with Dillan. I asked him where he wanted to go. His response, "See the Temple." He really likes driving by it. Sometimes I go out of my way just to pass by when he is with me because I like his excitement for it. So when he requested to go see the temple, how could I tell him no?? It is our time together and I want to spend it how he wants...as long as I don't have critical things to do, which isn't very often.


So we drove to the temple. It is really pretty right now because the gardeners have all the spring flowers coming up and blooming. The fountains were on for the first time that we have noticed this year. Dillan liked to see the water and the bubbles from the jets of water. He adored the tulips. I can't wait until we move back into the little house across the street so that he can see that every day. I really do miss that.


Then I asked him what he wanted to do next. He said, "Daddy work!" So we headed out to Harris Research to see Daddy for a treat. Thanks for the skittles and M&Ms Michael. They were a big hit with Dill.

After that I asked, "where to now Dillan?" His response this time, "Park!" We got back in the car and drove to a small park on 2nd N out on the West side of town. Eliason Park is the name. It is small, but the playground is good for Dillan and there is never anyone else there. So Dillan has free reign. I am impressed with his climbing skills. He gets up things that shock me sometimes. He was even impressed with himself as heard by the "I did it!" once he reaches the top.

Once we left the park and asked him what he wanted to do now. "Chicken and fies Momma." I guess he was hungry. It was 11:30 by this point so we headed to get some lunch and then went home. I really love that he is able to tell me what he wants and that he never asks for anything outrageous (yet). I definitely spoil him on Wednesdays, but that is his day out of the house with me so I don't feel bad about it at all. How could I feel bad about a 2 year old that only wants to see the temple, see daddy, go to the park, and then have lunch?

No comments: