Monday, March 2, 2009

The Draper Temple


My brother Paul was kind enough to secure tickets for the temple open house on my birthday a few months back so we planned a trip to Salt Lake for the weekend. I was excited to go since Dillan can recognize a temple in pictures and when we drive by it in Logan. He is an interesting little spirit...that is all that I will say about that right now.

It was very, very busy since it is one of the last Saturdays until the dedication, but it was nice to go and see it. It has a different feel to it since it is done in subdued earth tones instead of a white canvas like most others. I kind of liked the change. The celestial room was small in square footage, but seemed so large since it has 40 foot ceilings in it with a full wall of windows for natural light.....very cool.

We all met for lunch afterwards and some additional siblings of mine came with their families. It was a big crowd so everything went slow, but it was good to see everyone.

1 comment:

Lu said...

I'm glad you guys enjoyed the open house. It is a beautiful temple.