Monday, March 2, 2009

Birthday Surprises

So Friday the doorbell rang in the afternoon and I thought that was odd since we weren't expecting anyone or anything. I ran down to find the UPS guy out front. He said he had a package for me and went to the back of the truck and as he did said, "someone must love you!" Out he popped with a box of flowers! How exciting! Even more exciting to see that they were addressed to me!!!

I ran upstairs and instantly knew it wasn't Jeremy since the look of shock on his face was definitely not made up. I opened the box and found a full bouqet of peruvian lillies in all colors. The card only said, "Happy Birthday Martha!"

I was in shock and Jeremy said, "Who ever did that is a jerk! I will never be able to top that." I laughed knowing that I wouldn't get "anything" from him since we had purchased a wii as a combined valentines/birthday/anniversary present since they all happen within 3 weeks of each other. I got what I asked for and that made me happy.

So I called the company to see who they were from and they couldn't tell me. They offered to call the sender and let them know I wanted to know, but it was still up to the sender to call me and fess up to it. So I dropped it.



I went to my mom's and found out that it arrived in the usual box that her's come in when she gets them and they are from my brother Matthew. THANK YOU MATT! I know I can always count on you to surprise me and make me feel good. We are enjoying them and they look better a few days later than they did when they arrived.

1 comment:

Marie said...

Those flowers are gorgeous. What a nice brother. I hope you had a great birthday!