Monday, January 12, 2009

Pink

I was getting ready in the bathroom this morning and Dillan was in the tub. I had the XM radio turned on as usual and we were rocking out as he played. Then a song came on that featured Rhianna called Live Your Life. I don't care for it, but Dillan yelled out "Ana!" I thought it was strange and then he started to dance around in the tub. I laughed at it and kept getting ready. Then the next song came on. It was Pink's So What. He immediately yelled out "Pink!" during the intro and that made me turn around quickly and he started to dance again. I thought that was so crazy! I haven't purposely done anything that would make him realize songs were by certain people...and specific songs at that.

I have noticed that he really likes songs by Rhianna, Britney, and Pink, and Michael Buble. He dislikes country music, rap, and Brandy for some reason. He will let you know what he likes by dancing and what he doesn't like by plugging his ears with his fingers. Too cute!

1 comment:

Coby & Jill said...

It is amazing and scary what they pick up on and you don't even realize it--because it's not coming from something you taught them.

Ben has his likes and dislikes of music. He loves anything upbeat-- reggae, rock and roll, but not too much country. I have cut back on country music because I just don't think a lot of new music should be considered country-- we listen to a lot of oldies (80s, 90s music). He loves it. He loves Coby's alternative music and will find any long object he can and pretend it's a guitar and rock out to the songs.

Aren't they funny little creatures?!