Thursday, January 29, 2009

Happenings around the House

We have been doing some indoor gardening. I don't have a green thumb at all, but Grandma insists on keeping a garden inside that I have to water twice a week.

It is tradition to grow an amaryliss flower around Christmas in the Tolman/Haddock families. My mother in law gave me one this year to try out and Grandma of course has the new one and the one from last year that we were attempting to get a second year blossom out of. It came back, but no blossom, just leaves. They are almost ready to flower at this point. The buds have broken open and you can see the flowers, but no blooming. I will post pictures of our beautiful blossoms when they come. For now, here is what you get.


We also got a new stove. I don't know when Grandma replaced her's last, but when we moved in 2 months ago 2 burners were already not functioning. It is hard to cook for a family of 4 with only 2 burners. Well, 2 days ago, one of the 2 functioning burners...the big one...started to spark at me. That scared me so I decided it was time to replace the stove. We are on a budget and so is Grandma. Plus we don't know how long we will be in the house so we didn't want something top of the line and fancy that we won't get to enjoy. I found a used one on KSL.com and Jeremy picked it up yesterday. Not too shabby for $55, and the best part is that it all works. It will work for us for now. Thanks for Harris for letting us borrow the truck to go to Brigham City, and not having to pay for gas. What a nice job Jeremy has. Here is a look at the old and the sort of new.


No comments: