Friday, January 2, 2009

Merry Christmas!

We spent Christmas, the week of, down at my mom's house in Sandy. It was nice for both of us to have some time off.....me especially. Aunt Shirley came in Monday afternoon and stayed until Saturday morning and then some of the cousins were here until Saturday night. So, I got the whole week off! It was fabulous.

Dillan and I left Monday afternoon and headed down on our own. Jeremy had to work Monday and Tuesday. He came down right after work on Tuesday. Monday was spent hanging out with my mom and sister. She had driven in with her daughter, Gillian, from San Diego on Sunday. Her husband had to work too and was coming in Christmas Eve.

Tuesday we got up and spent the day shopping together and having fun with the kids. We went to the mall and shopped, had lunch, and rode the carousel. They loved it. Gillian sings, "Up and down on the merry-go-round!" Tuesday night Jeremy and I were lucky enough to have family babysit and went out to dinner with some friends. We met Clint and Carrie are McGrath's and had a nice dinner. I am sure the waitress was sick of us sitting around after dinner, but there were plenty of open tables so I didn't feel too bad. Thanks for dinner Carrie!

Wednesday we headed up to Ogden to spend the day up there doing Christmas with Jeremy's parents. They drove to Kansas late that night, to miss a storm, to spend Christmas out there with the other kids. I didn't get any pictures and I should have. We had a great night. Dillan got a book, hooded towel, cookie monster legos, mr potato head, and cars. I got this great bag that my mother in law made, and salt city candles....mmmmm. Jeremy got running clothes. As a family we got some cool decorations for the house to personalize it a bit. I am sure there was more, but I can't think right now.



Since the kids don't quite understand Christmas yet we got to sleep in until 8. We opened stockings and had some breakfast and then started in on the presents. Dillan wasn't keen on opening presents because Santa had left him a semi-truck that had matchbox cars in it and that is all he wanted to do. I opened a few of his just to get it done. We got a framed family picture, food storage, cash, and a nice pyrex dish from my mom. Dillan got a big hummer that matches daddies remote control one, a toddler bed, cars, a monkey, and too much other stuff to think about. The highlight of his christmas was his train table. I had picked it up months ago for $60 after taxes from Toys R Us on sale with a coupon on top. Awesome deal! He plays with it constantly.

Jeremy gave me a gift certificate for a massage at the Sports Acadamy and cash to go shopping! YEAH!!! Plus it included him watching Dillan for the day. He got shoes for work and running, a new watch, socks, yaktrax, and more. We had a pretty good Christmas.

Friday my mom and I went shopping all morning. That was nice to get out without the kids. Then all 3 girls had manicures done that afternoon. I have a hard time with polish on my nails so it is already gone, but it was nice to have the massage and pampering. I found a place here in Logan to do it for $10. That might be a good release for only $15 including tip.


Friday we went to Temple Square on Trax with Lisa, my brother's girlfriend, and Iris, his daughter. Jared had to plow all week and was exhausted so he stayed home and slept. There was another storm coming in and needed all he could get. Iris spent a lot of the week with us.



Saturday we did Dillan's birthday party even though his birthday wasn't until Sunday. We had to be back in Logan Saturday evening and wanted to spend his day with the family. I will do another post dedicated to his birthday, so look for that.

No comments: