Monday, December 3, 2007

It is officially Winter

It finally snowed here in Utah! It started late this year. Dillan has never had the experience of snow when he could actually realize there was something different about the grass out front.

Funny story from this morning...

Dillan and I were going to meet Jeremy for lunch, and since we were a few minutes early, before I put him in the car I let him touch the snow with his hands. He reached down to touch the grass at the edge of the driveway and felt the cold snow and immediately jerked his hand back to his chest. He then decided he would try it again and put his whole hand into the snow and again immediatly jerked it back to his chest, looked at me, and started to cry. I picked him up and wiped his hands with his blanket. I guess he doesn't like snow....yet.



We also went on a walk to the care center down the street this week. We had a couple of model cars to drop off. They were requesting crafts and decorations. By the way, if you are throwing anything out or going to DI, please think of the elderly center next to us. They are redecorating the entire building and can use anything from decorations to furniture. Dillan got all bundled up in his coat, hat, and mittens and we went for a walk.


Everyone at the nursing home loved him of course. No one can get over his red hair. I do have to admit that he is one super cute little kid and Jeremy and I are worried that whenever we have more they won't be as cute. In Jeremy's words, "Even a 50% ugly baby is still pretty ugly." We fear all the cute genes have been used on Dill and there isn't anything left!


On another note....Dillan likes toothpaste. We were getting ready for church on Sunday morning and he was dressed and ready to go. Jeremy and I were just finishing up some last minute things like makeup and a tie. Dillan was crawling around the floor, like normal, exploring whatever he could. We found him a few minutes later chewing on the toothpaste tube and he figured out how to get the flip top off of it and well....check the picture out! He thought it was great. Even after we fought it away from him he kept smaking his lips in enjoyment. It was pretty funny.



Dillan's new favorite past time is getting into things he knows he shouldn't. We put locks on the cabinets and lower drawers. He thinks it is great when he can actually get into something and if for some reason there is a lock on the cabinet...it doesn't matter! That is when it gets really fun because it makes tons of noise!!!

1 comment:

Melissa and Nate said...

Martha! I'm so glad you commented on my blog - I didn't even know you had one!! I'm so glad that I get to see cute updates of sweet little Dillan! Aren't blogs the best??
Watching that video of Dillan trying to get into the cabinets was hilarious! I can just see my busy Claire doing the same thing when she can climb. So cute!