Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Here Comes Santa Claus

Last Friday night we took Dillan and Grandma to the Ward/Branch Christmas party. Grandma hadfun seeing old friends who came and Dillan had fun running around and meeting Santa! This isn't his first Christmas. At 1, he loved sitting on Santa's lap but not so much this year. Maybe it will be better next year again. His fear is why I am kneeling right there with him. He did get a sack full of "teats" aka treats from Santa and a leftover sack in Nursery on Sunday. All in all, it was a good night. Thank you to Mom and Dad Haddock for coming and helping with Grandma.

Then, on Saturday and Sunday it snowed all day long. Saturday is my only day to get out of the house and I feel bad, but sometimes I just have to sneak out or I get a guilt trip from Grandma. She had no idea I was gone. Jeremy stayed home while she and Dill slept. I got some Christmas shopping done and even got some things from the storage unit, like stockings for Christmas. You can't have Christmas without a stocking from Santa. It was very nice. I need lots more of that. It is so relaxing doing what I want to do for a change. Everything is always done on Grandma's time table.


Dillan learned a new bath trick on Saturday night. He can now officially be called "Super Dill!" He was took cutetoput his arms up in the air and keep the wash cloth on his back the whole time. Then when it would come off he would hand it back to you and say, "elp! elp!"meaning help me please.

Dill has also discovered a new love inside the house, instead of the basketball hoop outside (which he will never get to since the snow comes to his knees at least). He LOVES to color. We have had a few coloring mishaps, but daddy has cleaned them up. It is nice to have access to professional cleaning whenever you need it....and of course the chemist who developed all the products at your very disposal. The beloved police car no longer has purple crayon all over it. We found this great book that you color on and then a papertowel wipes the coloring right off. I was skeptical when I bought it, but for $1.99 I figured why not? It is the best thing ever! Seagull Book people. They have one for Sesame Street and one for Blues Clues.


And last but not least, Dillan loves to read with his Great Grandma. She thinks it is pretty funny because he gets up gives her a book, flips a couple pages, gets down and grabs another book, and the process starts all over again. Anyone that will hold a book and read to him is his best friend.

No comments: